Forums » Gear Talk

identify my jackson

• April 9, 2012 3:40 PM PDT

hi SMG family!

im looking for some help with getting ALL the specs on a jackson that i've owned for years.

what model is this guitar?

what size pickups do i use? (Regular vs "F" Spaced)

what was the retail cost?

what is the current value (approx is fine)

what type of floyd rose is this?

serial number: U04032

color: Gun Metal Grey

neckthru

Made in USA stamp on headstock

Replaced the original pickups with EMG's, and im looking to upgrade them again to the Dimarzio Joe and Fred's (gotta love that Satriani tone!) need to know if i need regular vs "F" Spaced for this guitar. 

i've put some pictures up on photobucket... any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p1/wizdum69/jackson/

please send all reply's to wizdum69 AT Gmail.com

Thanks Team!!

• 6 posts
    April 9, 2012 5:29 PM PDT
    Wish I could help, but I'm at a loss.Never played a jackson
    • 9 posts
    April 10, 2012 7:41 AM PDT

Hi, The guitar was made in 1997 at the Ontario factory. You've got a floyd type trem, so you want a F-spaced dimarzio or a Trem (TB) seymour duncan. The F stands for Fender/Floyd. Regular correspond to Les Paul standard bidges. tnx

This post was edited by Bruno Destrez at April 10, 2012 7:42 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    April 10, 2012 10:56 AM PDT
    Nice one Bruno. :-)
    • 5 posts
    April 11, 2012 6:57 AM PDT

WHAT EMG'S DID YOU USE? THE PICS MADE IT LOOK LIKE 81-85, THOUGH I COULD NOT GET A GOOD LOOK. DID YOU USE THIS AND WERENT HAPPY? IF SO, SOMETHING WENT WRONG, CAUSE THE ARE AMAZING. tHE GREAT LOOKING SHECTER ELITES HAVE THEM, AND I TRIED ONE IN A GUITAR SHOP IN BKLYN AND IT WAS RATHER WORTHLESS, AND MUST HAVE BEEN PUT IN WRONG. IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE. I PLAYED 2 AND GOT ALMOST NOTHING IN THE LOUD ROOM, AFTER PLAYING A BUNCH OF GUITARS. THEY FINALLY BROUGHT ONE DOWN FROM THE TOP ROW AND IT WAS CRAP. I WANTED TO GO TO ANOTHER SHOP TO PLAY ANOTHER I WAS EXPECTING A SPECIAL EXPERIENCE.

This post was edited by Jim Donovan at April 11, 2012 7:00 AM PDT
  • April 11, 2012 7:40 AM PDT
    @Jim - yes they were 81, and 85's. Nothing wrong with them at all- they sound great! - i've just had them for probobly the last 7 years, and thinking about trying out some dimarzio's Looking at the fred/paf pro - or maybe the mo'joe, and paf joe.